Common PostgreSQL network (“wire”) protocol logic.
- codec 🔒Encoding/decoding of messages in pgwire. See “Frontend/Backend Protocol: Message Formats” in the PostgreSQL reference for the specification.
- conn 🔒
- format 🔒
- message 🔒
- severity 🔒
- Decodes data within pgwire messages.
- The encoding format for a
- A decoded frontend pgwire message, representing instructions for the backend.
FrontendMessage, but only the messages that can occur during startup protocol negotiation.
- Maximum allowed size for a request.
- Constructs an error indicating that the client has violated the pgwire protocol.